If you want to improve your low back pain, follow the following instruction as possible as you can.
● Keep a comfortable posture. In the first several days, place a pillow between you knees when you lying on your side or you can place the pillow under the knees when you lie on you back on the floor. However, please do not keep the same posture too long. It would be more comfortable if you take a 10 to 20 minutes’ walk every 2 or 3 hours, and the back to the original posture again.
● When it is needed, taking some nonprescription medicines that can be got from almost every drug store, such as acetaminophen or anti-inflammatory drug. Some people may think that these medicines are bad to our heath, and only take them until the pain is too serious to bear. Actually, it would work best if you take them on a regular schedule.
● Try to use a low or a moderate set heating pad, or have a warm shower or try an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Although these treatments have not been proved effective to everyone, in some emergency cases, you might as well to try these and check whether they are effective on you. If yes, you can try next time, if not, you should seek other treatments.
● Do not to stay in bed for 1 or 2 day. Staying in bed too long will weaken you muscle weak and then make the pain more serious. Therefore, return to your daily normal activities as soon as you can
● Walk as possible as you can. It is not only the most easy doing exercise but also an effective treatment to ease you back pain. You may begin with 5 to 10 minutes a day and then increase the time day after day.
If you are not sure which exercise adapt to you best, you can seek advices from doctor. Generally, doctor will suggest you to do some back exercises to strengthen you muscles. Strengthening you muscles can have many advantages, such as improve your poor posture, keep your body in a good balance, and decrease your risks of injury.
Not all treatments adapt to everyone. In other words, certain treatments have a good effect on some people but may be bad to you. Therefore, you’d better to try different treatments to check which works you best.
Go to visit you doctor immediately if you problems are severe or do not disappear for 2 weeks with your self-care. The doctor may suggest you a stronger pain medicines or a physical therapy.
The chronic back pain can make you depressed, and in turn, depression has attached great importance to the level of your pain and whether your pain will improve. Counseling and medicine are both a good choice for the depressed people. In your spare time, you might as well to consult with a cognitive-behavioral therapist because he or she can teach you some skills about pressure relief and pain control. In some cases, taking some antidepressant medicines may have the same effect.
Generally, there is no need for you to have a back pain surgery unless if you have a herniated disc or nerve damage back pain. For example, you feel numbness, weakness in you legs. However, surgery is not the unique choice even if you are suffering from this. So please seek other optional treatment s before the surgery since there is no enough evidence that your back pain can really disappear ever since then.